Wednesday, May 16, 2018

This Pet Peeve....just might kill me

If you have known me longer than 10 minutes, you know this about me. This is not something I can't be discrete about.  I just can't.

I CAN'T STAND MOUTH SOUNDS!

This is my greatest pet peeve of all time.  There was a woman sitting next to me in church a couple weeks ago, and she was either grinding her teeth or had a bag of rocks in her mouth.  I know I'm supposed to be graceful, especially at church, but I had zero control over the side eye I was giving her.

ZERO!

Mouth Sounds Pet Peeve
I cannot stand mouth sounds.  This of course includes people chewing with their mouths open and clicking their teeth, etc.  But most importantly, what grinds my gears the most, is when I can hear someone chewing even when their mouth is closed (i.e. chewing carrots, crackers, or chips).  I'm not even going to pretend to have patience with this; I just can't.

I don't want to hear you chewing, even with your mouth closed.
I don't want to hear your jaw dislodge so that you can cram a giant burger into your pie hole.
I don't want to hear you scrape your spoon against your teeth.
I don't want to hear you make out with your ice cream cone.
I don't want to hear you scratch your top teeth against your bottom teeth
And I certainly don't want to hear you chew and swallow your food.
It's foul.

You can cut me off in traffic & I will always give you the benefit of the doubt, but if I can hear you chewing......well my eyes will bug right out of my head, and I will stare. you. down. I am not a patient person in this area. Something I need to work on, but for now mouth sounds are my greatest pet peeve.  

What are your pet peeves? Tell me I'm not the only one that gets crazy over chewing chips!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...