Friday, January 5, 2018

Elderberry Gummies

Y'all went crazy for my Elderberry Syrup recipe for skipping the flu & I'm THRILLED that y'all have enjoyed it so far. Today I wanted to share my recipe for the elderberry gummies that I make for my kids (and I sneak for myself every time I open the fridge hehe).  It's easy & simple; you can do it and stay well this flu season!  Enjoy this healthy snack while boosting your immune system, enhancing sleep, & promoting anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties.Elderberry Gummies- Life with the HawleysFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup tart cherry juice
4 tbs unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup elderberry syrup- here is my recipe
2 tbs raw, unfiltered honey
gummie bear mold- I have this one  Using this mold, this recipe makes 290 gummies
DSC_0870
Directions:
1. Heat 1/2 cup of the tart cherry juice over medium-high heat until bubbling while stirring frequently.DSC_0891
2.  While the juice is heating, combine the rest of the tart cherry juice (3/4 cups), elderberry syrup, & honey in a medium glass bowl.
3. Pour the heated cherry juice into a glass jar with the gelatin and whisk until all of the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.  Then stir into the medium glass bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  DSC_0895
4.  Pour into gummie molds.  My gummie bear molds are really small so I use a pipette to get them into the mold.  Refrigerate for about an hour, until they are solid, and then you can eat. Store in the fridge in a glass container & eat as many as you want.
5. Enjoy!DSC_0898DSC_0905DSC_0908-2
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...