Monday, October 2, 2017

Pumpkin Pie Book Art

In order to assess how much is being retained, I like to always do some kind of hands-on craft/activity after we read a book to discuss the book & somehow bring the content to life.  I like to see what my kids learned from the story, & hear about what they thought about it. 

What was their favorite part? What character was acting silly? Was there something they didn't understand? 

After we read the book, I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie, we made our own "pumpkin pie" while we discussed all of the funny things that the Old Lady in the story ate.  Pumpkin Pie Book Art- Life with the HawleysHawley Homeschool

This really was a super simple way to talk about the silly lady.  We used construction paper, cotton balls, & plastic forks.  Now that I think about it, I missed an opportunity here to talk about setting the table.  Maybe next time heheDSC_0129DSC_0143 (2)

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...