Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Pasta {Upgrade!}

Okay, I posted a picture on Instagram and Facebook a couple weeks ago & y'all went cra-zay! I got soooooo many requests for this recipe!  Truth is, I have already shared this recipe with you (4 years ago lol), BUT since then I have made several amendments.....so today I'm sharing the recipe from the picture I posted recently... and I've got to say "recipe" loosely because this is so free and loose.....my summer pasta UPGRADE!Fresh Summer Pasta- Life with the HawleysFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbs bacon fat
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
sea salt & black pepper
2-3 tbs EVOO
2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, diced into quarters
2-3 tbs (more) EVOO
1.5 tbs (more) fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 tbs fresh basil, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of sugar (I used coconut sugar)
sea salt & pepper (more)
frozen or fresh tortellini
Asiago cheese, shredded or grated
DSC_0388-2[4]
Directions:
1. Marinate chicken in oregano, EVOO, salt & pepper for a couple hours.
2. In a separate bowl, marinate your tomatoes in EVOO, oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt & pepper for a couple hours.  I promise this is going to make your kitchen smell delicious!
3. Boil tortellini according to package instructions, and then drain.  As your pasta is cooking, sauté chicken in bacon fat over medium-high heat in a skillet (I use cast iron) until nicely browned.
4. Toss cooked pasta with the marinated tomatoes and top with chicken. Garnish with fresh asiago cheese.
5. Enjoy!
DSC_0329
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...