Monday, May 8, 2017

My Book House Books

My bestie text me a couple weeks ago that she found some books she thought I would like.  I love that she knows I am always on the look out for more books for my babies (I don't think you can ever have enough books!).  Whenever we find a good book or teaching tool we are constantly texting them to each other.  Praise God for my bestie!  Anyways she said that she found these great books, My Book House Books, and I had a small passing thought that they sounded like something I had as a child.  But I went onto Amazon and ordered them anyways.  Later in the day I was still thinking about it, so I text my mom to ask her if she still had the books series, and she replied that she did and she was saving them for my kids.  I told her what I had purchased earlier in the day and asked if she could take a picture of my childhood books to see if they were the same.  Sure enough, they were identical.  hahahaha  Now Dutch & Ellis have the same books that I had as a child (well I guess two sets now- Ha!). 
So let me tell you about these books, that I clearly still like.  This is a 12 volume set of books.  Each volume is filled with classic stories from all of the great authors.  Each volume progresses with a child's reading level.  For example, the first book is filled with classic nursery rhymes and the last few volumes have Chaucer, Shakespeare, Albert Einstein, & the like.  The books are beautifully illustrated and filled with so many great stories.  They have been updated several times since 1928; truly amazing classic stories.DSC_0122
These books are no longer in print so if you order them they will all be used.  You might find a really great used edition though- mine was still in the shrink wrap and in perfect condition.  I spent about $120 on my set but considering how many stories are in each book and that they will grow with my children, I was okay with the price.  I highly recommend these beautiful books if you've got a book worm on your hands :-) We have loved having these books.  I keep volume one on the kitchen table so we can read during meals.  My babies love to hear these stories.DSC_0152DSC_0124DSC_0159DSC_0161DSC_0160DSC_0162DSC_0163
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this review, I just really like these books and wanted to share them with others.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...