Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Extra (Plastic) Hands

Don’t we all need a few extra hands?! When I found these pointers on Amazon, I had no idea how influential they would be in our school time.  I figured that they would be something fun, but short-lived. Woah was I wrong!  School PointersHawley Homeschool
I was right that the pointers would be fun, but they have turned out to be way more.  These pointers increase attention, focus, and participation, which ultimately leads to greater learning.  Maybe it’s just little boys who seem to wiggle a lot or maybe it’s just the age of preschoolers, but they have a lot of energy and when they can physically participate & engage, it just makes learning so much fun for them. 
DSC_0374DSC_0383Ways I have used these pointers at #HawleyHomeschool:
-POINT to the letter, number, color, shape, etc.
-TRACE the letter, number, color, shape, etc.
-RAISE the right hand versus left hand
-COUNT the apples, books, animals, etc.
-PICK UP the (color) pointer.  This pointer pack comes with 3 different colors
DSC_0367DSC_0370Doesn’t this look like a fun way to engage your student?!
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post, I just really like this product.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...